Sunday 5 January 2014

DIY #2 - CÉLINE BERLINGOT BAG


As some of you might know that Celine is one of my favorite brands, when i first saw the clutch on the runway, i was stunted by its simplicity and the geometrical structure. So, today, I've decided to do a DIY by using a sewing machine. This is my first DIY using a sewing machine. Thank God my friend, Soo Ling was there to guide and teach me. The whole making process was fun because of my excitement with the machine feet paddle, I've also broke 2 needles that day so I'll let you decide whether my DIY was a success or a fail. 

Here is the actual Celine Berlingot from the official website.: 

 My version of the Berlingot : 


This sewing machine is just so vintage and beautiful, I can't help but to snap a few pictures.






Lets start now shall we ? The things you'll need are : 

-Thin fabric of your choice for the lining ( optional )
-Felt / leather
-9'' Zipper
-Pins to secure
-Leather strip for handle ( optional ) 
-Sewing machine / needle & thread 


STEP 1 : Measure and cut out 13'' x 18'' of felt. 


STEP 2 : Pin on the lining fabric and trim off any excess fabric, leave an inch from the felt.


STEP 3 : Fold rectangle in half and sew along the long sides together. When sewing fold in the lining to match the actual size of the felt so that it has a complete finish look to it. 


STEP 4 : Sew the bottom together with the seam in the middle. 

STEP 5 : Pin and sew the zipper to the right side of felt (This part is a little tricky).




STEP 6 : Fold it inside out and you're done.

The finished product : 





Special thanks to this wonderful friend of mine - SOO LING for helping me out and also teaching me how to use the sewing machine. She'll be leaving to Australia soon, so Lingo, I wish you all the best in your studies, please take good care of yourself. God bless you.You will be missed. 

 TANG SOO LING with her adorable smile

Photo by : Soo Ling
Phto courtesy of Celine, No copyright intended  

No comments:

Post a Comment