Saturday 17 May 2014

DIY #7 - Leather phone pouch

 Today, I decided to try dealing with leather, faux leather actually, this is my first time attempting so it will just be a plain simple design of a iPhone pouch/cover. Let's begin !


You'll need :
- Clippers                                                       - Tracing wheel
- Thread                                                         - Candle
- Blade / scissors                                            - Needle
- Leather ( got it from my old journal cover )



Start designing first. I followed my third design.


 2 rectangular size leather measuring aprox. 13 x 8.8 cm each is cut out to fit my iPhone 4.

 Clip both pieces of leather together 

 Start designing !

 I used a tracing wheel to mark my stitching spots. 



 Make sure to curve the edges, it looks neater. Start by poking holes with a needle before starting if you can's handle the thickness of the leather. 


 Thread + wax, like how craftsman did them. 

 Start with the basic alternate stitch going up and down.


 Repeat the process when stitching back. make sure for the openings, do not stitch both leather together. i sew it on each opening ends to give it some details.

Continue on stitching, you may use the double stitch method but I was too exhausted to continue so I left it just like that, simple & plain. Feel free to go personalize it, using flower petals, glitters, etc... think creative !

Thank you so much for dropping by. see you xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment